Subject: [Leica] Monthly LUG photography contest
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Aug 18 15:56:42 2006

I have a first cut at the rules, software, and documentation for our monthly
photography contest.

Please look at http://leica-users.org/monthly-contest.html
and at the contest website that it identifies.

Please play with it, try to break it, try to find things wrong with it, and
so forth. I'd prefer that the discussion be on-list, here, and not in
private email, but I understand that sometimes you might want to say
something private.

You are welcome to upload photographs as if they were contest entries, but
the contest does not actually open until September 1, and I'm going to
delete all of the images in the contest folder on that date.

My primary goal in all of this was to set up the contest to be sustainable
without a lot of ongoing work by me or anyone else. So almost everything is
automated.

If you would like to nominate someone to be on the panel of judges, please
send me private mail (reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us). Ditto if you'd like to be
a judge. If you're a judge and you submit an entry you'll have to recuse
yourself that month.

Brian Reid
LUG saloon keeper

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Monthly LUG photography contest)