Subject: [Leica] Jeffrey PAW--Week 33
From: Engl6914 at cableone.net (Lee England)
Date: Thu Aug 17 04:57:34 2006

Jeffrey wrote:

> On a more positive note, this is TRI-X developed in 777. If you are
> anything
> less than elated with your current B&W developer, do yourself a favor and
> try some of this. When people ask me to describe 777, the best I can tell
> them is that it does to film what Dektol does to prints. It develops them
> just the way you want them, and it is easy to use. And it doesn't die in
> the
> bottle. I don't think I'll ever use anything else for TRI-X.
>
> Jeffery Smith
> New Orleans, LA

Jeffrey,

    The ads/instructions with 777 said you had to use a film container twice
the size of the number of rolls being developed--that is, if I continue to
develop three rolls at a time, I'll have to buy a tank large enough for 6
rolls.  I gave up reading at that point.  Are you having to do this?
    Also, did you run some waste rolls through the brew first in order to
age the stuff, like the instructions said?  Are you mixing your own, or
buying the stuff from someone?

Lee England
Natchez, Mississippi