Subject: [Leica] Linhof Metrika 45!!!!?!?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Aug 16 12:40:59 2006

At 2:21 PM -0400 8/16/06, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>While I was sleeping....
>This camera came out!
>
>http://www.linhof.de/english/kameras/metrika/metrika.html
>

>I've never seen a camera this cool. I'm scrambling and regrouping.
>

>" The Metrika 45 is available with either Prontor Magnetic HR (1/250 sec) or
>Rollei Direct Drive (1/500 sec) shutter. Compact precision camera system of
>rugged design for universal applications in architecture, research and
>industrial photogrammetry. With its large 4 x 5 in. film format, the Metrika
>45 is the interesting alternative to existing imaging systems as it provides
>an extremely high degree of accuracy while at the same time remaining handy
>and fully portable to be conveniently used also on location. The extremely
>rigid camera bodies with a choice of integrated lenses (75/90/150 mm) use 5
>in./ 126 mm rollfilm in a vacuum magazine for positive film flatness. Fully
>motorized and electronically controlled operation, 2 anatomical grips for
>easy handling. Glass r?seau plate built into the camera for precise
>measurements using analytical plotting systems available from various
>manufacturers. Prepared for Digital Imaging. Delivery time on request."
>
>I couldn't find it again but I thoght I saw that it was developed for
>photographing the de icing and or measuring of wholly mammoths in the north
>or south poles. I thought that put an excellent spin on it.
>

>Mark Rabiner L.S.M.F.T.
>
>Bethpage, NY 11710

I think that the phrase 'handy and fully
portable' has to be analyzed with reference to
some of Linhof's previous designs.

This is kind of like something I'm working on
right now. It's a school redevelopment and
expansion, and as temporary facilities we're
installing 'portable' classrooms. Not exactly
hand luggage.

A Linhof with those specs, using a 5" roll film
vacuum back would be a lump, and also the
price...???

I'll happily keep on using my Cambo Wides. About
8 ounces for the camera body, but no nice roll
film vacuum back. Grafmatics work fine; in fact,
I usually get better film flatness with the
Grafmatics than the double holders, as long as
the septums are good. Not vacuum flat, though.

Look at what else 'new' Linhof has to offer:

http://www.linhof.de/english/kameras/technorama/outdoor.html

Wouldn't some of those make good, outdoor street shooting cameras? :-)

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Linhof Metrika 45!!!!?!?)