Subject: [Leica] K-Mount Lenses on K100D
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 11:24:16 2006

In a message dated 8/11/2006 1:21:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
r.s.taylor@comcast.net writes:

Sonny -  Thanks.  In the "Use Aperture Ring" mode
is it necessary to work with  the lens stopped
down?  (These K-lenses have no automation at  all.)

Just set it to Aperture Preferred and the camera will set the shutter
speed.
You can also use manual that way. If I recall, a little light meter opens
in
the eyepiece.

Beware of cheap M42 adapters, they can scuff the contacts.  I found  that on
my other camera.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com