Subject: [Leica] Sign of the Times
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Wed Aug 9 19:09:10 2006

Doug Herr admonished:

>"B. D. Colen" <bd@bdcolenphoto.com> wrote:
>
> >So let's see if I understand this...you have six days to document what is,
> >when all is said and done, a pretty rare family ritual - a 50th
> >anniversary
> >gathering - and you blow that off as 'happy snaps' and instead show us a
> >photo of a 'funny sign.'
> >
> >Walking down road shaking head.... ;-)
>
>B.D., I didn't post any photos of the family gathering for my aunt's
>80th birthday last year, nor did I post photos of the family
>gathering for my great aunt's 100th birthday the previous year.  Not
>because these photos are meaningless, but because they mean much
>more to the family than to the LUG and I prefer to keep them private.
>
>You are certainly welcome to post whatever you wish, but you're
>overstepping your bounds telling others what their priorities ought
>to be w.r.t. LUG posts.

Hi Doug!

Don't be too hard on BD!  I spotted his "smiley", and was amused by
his head-shaking!  (More than a few folks were amused by the "funny
sign", too!)

Like you, unless I find a true gem in the anniversary shots, I too
prefer to keep them private.  Besides, I don't think most people,
outside the family would be interested.

Cheers!
---

David Young,