Subject: [Leica] reuters moron fired for not knowing how to use photoshop yet
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Aug 7 11:34:31 2006

Such attempts of opinion manipulation happen every day. Alone the specific
selection of pictures and video-sequences is allowing a large bandwidth.
Sometimes, some go even further, like this rather untalented dude here. I
have rarely seen such an awkward application of the clone stamp.

When I worked as tv news video editor back in 1990, the anti apartheid riots
in southern africa were a frequent topic. News editors wanted me to insert
brutal takes of police violence in Soweto into actual news edits, though the
shots were several months old. Of course I did it, otherwise I would have
been laughed at as a wimp, or been fired, or both.

In novembre 1997, there was an islamic terror assault against a group of
mostly swiss tourists in Luxor, Egypt. 58 people were massacred. The swiss
gun press "Blick" showed a picture of the site of crime, with a huge red
puddle of blood allover the ground. In reality, it was water, and their
picture editor had added the red color digitally. He's not been fired, and
the newspaper printed a short and small lettered rectification a few days
later. Maybe this might be different today and the dude would be on the dole.

This afternoon, most international medias reported about 40 civil victims
after an israelian raid in Hula, Lebanon. Many had it as prime news. A few
instants ago, Lebanon's prime minister Fuad Siniora rectified it was one
victim only. I wonder how many medias will update their reports.

Didier