Subject: [Leica] New scanner shots
From: crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts)
Date: Sun Aug 6 01:30:45 2006

Hey y'all --

Well, I got a new scanner a couple of days ago and I've been having a
blast with it.  It's an Epson 4990 and it's amazing me with its quality
and speed.

Since pictures speak louder than words, here a few samples from slides I
picked at random from the top of one of my storage files.
I'll try to find some better ones tomorrow, but I'm anxious to share the
scans.  These were all Leica M4 with 50mm Summicron frames.  Click on
them for full size viewing.

...from a nearby construction site:

www.aerialacts.com/air_hoses.jpg

from a marine supply shop window in my old home town of Gloucester, Mass...

www.aerialacts.com/Sammy_fish.jpg

a shot taken on my way to work in Gloucester one morning...

www.aerialacts.com/Gloucester_morn.jpg

from a recent trip to nearby West Virginia...

www.aerialacts.com/Germany_Valley.jpg

same trip...

www.aerialacts.com/Mine.jpg

Here are some Rolleiflex SL66 shots from recent days.  The black and
white shots are on TMAX 400 which I dunked in Rodinal.

First, a shot I did last week for my company's annual report...be sure
to click on this one for full size viewing.  It was hand held at 1/15,
which proves that the mirror slap of the SL66 is plenty loud, but
doesn't hurt much...

www.aerialacts.com/Peter_portrait.jpg

Another colleague:

www.aerialacts.com/Doug_G.jpg

Here's an outdoor shot 1/250 f11.  It's a marker in front of my
great-great-great-great grandfather's gravestone here in Washington,
DC.  It's a deadly boring shot but demonstrates the tonal range of the
scanner nicely, I think.

www.aerialacts.com/marker.jpg

A color frame taken with my Rolleiflex 2.8E Xenotar on Fujichrome
Velvia.  That's natural light with uncorrected incandescent adding some
warmth.  It's a sitting room in an Exeter, New Hampshire bed and
breakfast.  The innkeeper's going to use this on their website and
brochures.

www.aerialacts.com/Exeter_inn_web.jpg

 From my back yard...

www.aerialacts.com/gnome.jpg

...and at the Frederick (MD) Municipal Airport nearby from a color
negative (Kodak Portra 160NC)...

www.aerialacts.com/DC_3_1.jpg

and finally, the same airplane on Ilford Delta 100 developed in Ilfotec
DD-X...

http://www.aerialacts.com/DC_3_2.jpg

I am very pleased with my new scanner.

All the best,