Subject: [Leica] OT: Need digital camera help and advice, semi-urgently!
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sat Jul 29 05:57:00 2006

Listers,

I've been asked to help prepare and lead a "creativity workshop"
later this fall, and I have to have the proposal in by August 4.

I've done one of these, using my PowerBook G4, a Nikon Coolpix 4300,
and a Canon IP 1600 printer, and it went fairly well.  The
pariticpant had to use the altered photo, printed on transparency
material, as the basis for their work....they could paint on it, cut
it, whatever.

However, getting the photo of the workshop participant altered and
printed was not timely, IMO.

So, since I've been thinking about springing for a decent DSLR
(gasp!), I want to know if it is possible to hook the camera directly
to the PowerBook, set up an Automator script, and print as soon as
the photo is captured.

And, what good DSLR will allow me to do this?  And, in a reasonable
price range? ($450.00 -$550.00 USD)   I know that the "older" Pentax
models are coming down in price as the new models are being released.

TIA,

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn