Subject: [Leica] Taylor's GR Digital
From: etruscello at yahoo.com (Tom Pastorello)
Date: Mon Jul 24 07:35:39 2006

   Thank you, Richard, for sharing the GR Digital
photos.  I own the film camera counterpart, and
because I think it is wonderful I have been tempted to
try the digital model.  I was stopped, however, by a
review that said one starts to see ugly noise by ISO
200.  Your images seem to disprove that.  I see no
appreciable noise until ISO 800 and at that level, and
even at ISO 1600, the noise looks like the grain one
might expect with film of that speed -- not ugly at
all.  Given the other pictures you have taken and not
posted, do you agree noise is well controlled?
   Tom P.