Subject: [Leica] Consensus on external hard drives
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu Jul 20 18:00:24 2006

Brian,

The reason that I mentioned the transition problem is that I had previously
used MSBackup, which was provided with Win98SE.  When a failed power supply
forced me to buy a new machine with XP Home installed, I found that my
compressed MSBackup files were unreadable on the new machine.  Perhaps, with
your expertise, it could have been done.  As someone on the LUG suggested
when I mentioned the problem, I now create a folder each week on the
external drive and do a "Copy/Paste" of "My Documents" plus a folder
containing some images.  The folders are nested in a folder containing only
2006 Backups.  It takes very little time and should always be accessible
from Windows.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] Consensus on external hard drives)