Subject: [Leica] OT: Accounting questions - EU/US
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 12:31:04 2006

I know the temptation is there to be "creative" with your tax
deductions...especially as a self employed person....my advice
"Don't"...It's just not worth the headaches, fines, jail. If they audit
waitresses on her tips...and she doesn't have a "tip-log" showing the actual
plus what she tips the busboys, bartenders, hosteses....she is sunk.  I've
been to many audits (fortunately none of my own clients) and am impressed
with the flexibility of the IRS...If you can reasonably document what you
have reported you are usually safe...

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] OT: Accounting questions - EU/US)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] OT: Accounting questions - EU/US)