Subject: [Leica] Re: The New York Times Knows Its Stuff
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Thu Jul 13 06:31:47 2006

anyone left who still cares, in defense of what is left of my virtue I'd
like to point out that I posted (via the magic of Windows
copy-and-paste) both the original posting by the esteemed photo editress
and also the later edited (by who?  by her?) posted version. I thought
the original posting was interesting and the way it was later rewritten
also caught my eye.

If you go online to the NYT site now of course you will only see the
later version.

In any event I think Ric Carter hit this nail on its head:

> Maybe it doesn't even matter if she knows what a camera is?
>
> She gets good pictures from her staff, and that's her job.

I agree completely.

--Bob