Subject: [Leica] Tale of Two Telyts Part Deax - The Evil Twin
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sun Jul 9 22:23:20 2006

On Jul 9, 2006, at 9:14 PM, Grduprey@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/6/2006 10:43:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
> rpalmier@depaul.edu writes:
> And here's a 100% pixel crop showing heavy purple fringing around the
> feet and along the top edge of the log (in areas of serious
> overexposure
> Bob,
>
> My eyes must be bad I don't see the problem you are talking aobut.
> But then
> I am waitng for my new eyses to come in.  ;-)  Never seen any color
> fringing
> with my 560 Telyt.
>
> Gene

Prompted by this discussion and an off-list question I checked a couple
of my 560/DMR files and found color fringing adjacent to some very
bright off-center twigs/grasses etc.  The color fringing was identical
(green) on both sides of the twigs leading me to believe it's not a
chromatic aberation in the lens, rather it's where the red and blue
channels hit their limits before green did.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com