Subject: [Leica] Re:Tale of Two Telyts Part Deaux (Hoppy follow-up)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Sun Jul 9 08:35:51 2006

On Jul 9, 2006, at 8:26 AM, Hoppy wrote:

> So Bob, please, is this specific original a transparency?

Hoppy -

Sorry; "my bad," as the kids say (or at least that's what they said a
couple of years ago..)

I guess I fergot to re-state in Part Deax that this particular shot was
done with my DSLR (referred to as the "cheap & cheery 20D in the
original T.O.T.T. post.)

So, I decided to dig through some 'chromes to find one of the on-film
examples I seem to recall.  The combination of my level of
disorganization with the slide boxes and my lack of patience this
morning has led me to Plan B, which is to give my poor sainted SL some
exercise and get out there and shoot some damn color slide film.

The other amusing (to me, at least) lesson from rifling through the
slide boxes was how elusive this effect really is, which just goes to
show how little of a problem it really is for most of the shooting I do
with the Telyt (which is shooting birds exposed largely within the
range of the digisensor.)

'Course, David Young has spoken of a significant effect on film,
although he hasn't stated explicitly whether or not he can see it with
a loupe...

Bob Palmieri