Subject: [Leica] World Cup Musings
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Jul 4 17:00:30 2006

At 11:26 PM 7/4/06 +0000, Nick Roberts wrote:
>Marc, the World Cup is the most-watched sporting event in the world.
Literally billions of people watch it. And of course it IS real football,
given that we invented it long before the US game. It is also one of the
main testing grounds for new camera equipment, and many of the greatest
sports photographers are there. So it's actually fairly on-topic-ish.
claim: http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/danchung/index.html

>I'm sorry if it all offends your US-centric view of the world, but tough. ;)

Nick,

I am sorry to note that you missed the entire intent of my post, which was
to suggest that if YOU guys are so damned insistent on discussing the World
Cup, which of itself has nothing to do with the spirit of this List, then
perhaps, the USians on this List ought to start presenting you with
play-by-play accounts of the Baseball World Series or the like.

Let us keep the World Cup discussions off the LUG.  Let us get back to
discussing photography and the use of Leicas to that end.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] World Cup Musings)