Subject: [Leica] Flower and Visitor
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sun Jul 2 14:34:49 2006

On 2 Jul 2006 at 17:05, Tina Manley wrote:

> PESO:
>
> My flower picture taken yesterday:
> http://upload.pbase.com/image/62809453
>
> D5 with Leica R 100/Macro

Very nice...

but with that viewpoint, I'm thinking perhaps a little more DOF might
have helped.  The falloff between the butterfly's wings and the
flower is so abrupt (and that lens is SO sharp at focus plane) that
it almost looks like a cut-and-paste job.  At a different angle it
wouldn't be so noticeable but right there with the wings flat, it
just jumps out at me.

> It was so hot in that sunflower field, I lost 3 pounds sweating!!  I
> had to tie a rag around my head to keep the sweat from dripping in my
> eyes.  94 degrees yesterday and 96 tomorrow.

Ow.  That's routine for here, but even when you're *used* to it it's
murder.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Flower and Visitor)