Subject: [Leica] re: sticky oversharpened things
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Jun 30 15:48:30 2006

Chandos

OK, you are absolutely right about Kyle's cacti....Over sharpened to
hell, especially since I have my good glasses on now. And the muddy
ones, for shame. How can he post those things with impunity and escape?

Still, to let Tina's magnificent image of the Chinese vendor go
uncropped is visual mayhem. As that little fellow who used to inhabit
Fantasy Island said   "le flow le flow le flow" Triangles or no, there
are several important details to see in the photograph. The steam, the
light, the face, the wares, the face, the face, the humanness, the face.
The man is without significance. Even the bottom left of the cart
detracts and should be cropped.

This is, of course,  simply my opinion and it won't hurt my feelings to
have it trashed. (except maybe I'll piss and moan and tell B.D.) :'(

Walt
.