Subject: [Leica] Armed America on the Road
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 24 17:58:05 2006

In a message dated 6/24/2006 7:32:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:

one day the city police asked for people to turn in any
guns for  destruction without any questions asked.

-------------------
Probably a window into the difference between Canadians and  "Mercans."  The
guns I own are all a legacy from my father.  I've  never fired them.  I once
owned a German P-38, and later, a PPK-S.   I fired both of those, but i has
been more than 25 years ago.

So I figured what the heck
get rid of it as I had no need for it  and saw absolutely no reason to keep
it in the house with 4 adventuresome  kids who may "play with it and hurt or
kill some body!"

-------

I took my boys and their Grandfather's rifle and shotgun to the local gun
range, where they learned to shoot safely.

Both have their Marksmen Merit Badges from Boy Scouts and neither owns a
gun.

Our guns reside in a deep closet.  I learned gun safety some  fifty years
ago, so I am not uncomfortable with owning guns, nor am I worried  that my
boys
will play with guns.  We all have no curiosity over  firearms, though they
are
readily available, We know they are not playthings,  and since we are not
hunters, the guns are not tools we need to use.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest  continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?,  crawfish