Subject: OT: Re: [Leica] Twin Towers
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Thu Jun 22 19:44:27 2006

Scott McLoughlin writes:

> Walt Johnson wrote:
>
> > I was amazed at how fast they both came down. Plane crash or no, there
> > is something not quite kosher about the twin and simultaneous collapse.
> > Walt
>

> If you google, you will find a number of Web resources on how
> odd it was that the towers came down so quickly. One report
> was from some reputable group of physicists or something. In
> any case, you'll find it very sober reading/take it with a grain
> of salt/etc. etc.

If they were a 'reputable group of physicists' they would be posting the
simple fact that these buildings were designed to withstand an impact from a
Boeing 707 coming into New York to land with a minimal fuel load at an
airspeed of approximately 180 mph. NOT a Boeing 767 almost fully loaded with
90,000 litres of jet fuel at an airspeed in excess of 500 mph. In effect
both buildings were doomed from the instant of impact on. The amount of time
to full structural failure probably determinable mathmatically.

The internet is choc o' bloc with all kinds of conspiracy and other nuts who
have nothing better to do with their time then to spin such nonsence.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) (OT: Re: [Leica] Twin Towers)