Subject: [Leica] More Seaport
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Thu Jun 22 09:49:21 2006

Just posted these in response to an off-line message from a member.
Thought the rest of the LUG might like a look, too.  In my message to
him I was talking about how different the southern tip of Manhattan
was now from 40 years ago...

There have been changes.  It's good to see the waterfront alive with
ferrys, water taxis and pleasure craft.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/2_30A_0137_web

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/2_32A_0139_web

Pier 17, next to the Seaport, is now a genuine suburban shopping
mall, complete with the usual stores.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/3_18A_0020_web

And a Pizzeria Uno

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/3_06A_0008_web

It was 90F and a sea breeze was just starting to develop as I ate my
lunch.  The deck at Uno's over looking the East River and the Seaport
was a damn nice place to sit and enjoy the scene.  This is definitely
not the NY of my youth - and it's a real improvement despite the
inevitable mallification.

--
Regards,

Dick