Subject: [Leica] Panasonic LX1 connection...Help!
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Jun 21 20:35:28 2006

> I'm packing to leave tomorrow on a three week trip and of course the fire
> wire cable that goes from my panasonic  lx1 to my Mac to download pictures
> is missing.

Um, DPreview says it's not a Firewire cable but a USB2.0 cable:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasoniclx1/

They're everywhere. Here's a good chart that will help you figure out
exactly what kind of cable you need:

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/usb_minicables.html

Most cameras that I've seen have a connector like the one in the first
column of that chart, and you can get those cables at any store that sells
non-Apple-branded MP3 players. I've never seen an MP3 player that is not an
iPod that uses any other kind of cable but that one; any decent music store
or audio/electronics store should have them.

Replies: Reply from schneiderpix at mac.com (Robert Schneider) ([Leica] Panasonic LX1 connection...Help!)