Subject: [Leica] OT 25/1.4 lens for 4/3 system to be expected
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Wed Jun 21 06:23:02 2006

On Jun 21, 2006, at 6:14 AM, Didier Ludwig wrote:

> Don,
> No doubts... The already introduced 14-50 FT zoom is a red dotted
> Vario-Elmarit, and I guess all 4/3 lenses offered by Panasonic will
> be Leica lenses. A fast prime was expected, but this seems to be
> the first real hint which is more than vaporware.

And his is exciting news, IMO. The 50mm f1.4 was my carry-around
lens, and I'm glad to see it make a reappearance in the 4/3 system.
So, once the camera itself is rebadged "Leica" will it be essentially
the replacement of the Digilux 2, with the much better sensor and
interchangable lenses?

Many D-2 users expressed surprise how large a good print one can get
from a 5MP camera. Many camera makers have actually retreated from
their 7MP offerings recently. Canon, for example, reduced the
megapixelage on heir top-of-the-consumer-line A series camera from
7.2 to 6 MP, apparently thinking this is plenty for 99 percents of
its amateur customers. I have been plenty satisfied with the 8MP
SLRs, the 20Ds and E-500.

How much resolution is enough for your purposes, and how does one
quantify the other factors that make a print more photographic? This
is a problem Leica users have faced for decades - describing the
unique qualities of Leica images versus, say, Nikon.

Will von Dauster

Note the 25mm f1.4 has no OIS...

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] OT 25/1.4 lens for 4/3 system to be expected)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] OT 25/1.4 lens for 4/3 system to be expected)