Subject: [Leica] Re:Digital M vs RD-1
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Jun 16 11:41:25 2006

Tim
The potential ZI/CV digital rangefinder is actually not more than a rumour.
Personally, I believe ZI has such plans in their pipeline (the retrofocal
design of the ZM lenses seems to be a hint for it) but I guess they won't
step into that niche before they have a full frame sensor. And then it might
get quite difficult for Leica to top it. I have the impression ZI has the
smarter management staff than Leica (which still suffers under the
"Not-invented-here-syndrome"), and has become their toughest rival again,
like in the pre- and postwar era.
Didier

>So what's the current thoughts on the potential Zeiss/Cosina digital
>rangefinder as a serious competitor to the digi M?
>(love the look of the new 50mm C Sonnar - if it's as good as the original,
>it leaves you wuith not much to do but wipe your arse with your leitz
>lenses...)
>Tim a

Replies: Reply from tim at KairosPhoto.com (tim atherton) ([Leica] Re:Digital M vs RD-1)
Message from tim at KairosPhoto.com (tim atherton) ([Leica] Re:Digital M vs RD-1)