Subject: [Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Thu Jun 15 06:19:30 2006

Well, the ultimate solution is pretty much what Olympus have done
with their system, which is to design the digital lenses from the
ground up to parallelize the rays striking the sensor. This of course
explains why the Oly wide zooms so outperform the competition (incl.
Canon L), in my experience. Oly started this with the E-10 ZLR at
least 6 years ago.

I suspect Leica's 4/3 designs will do the same, and also expect that
Leica is taking the same tack with regards to the new M lens designs
they have said are in the works. For the reasons described below the
difference is not as important with telephoto lenses.

Will

Who seems to be posting a lot this morning.

On Jun 15, 2006, at 6:59 AM, Frank Filippone wrote:

> Didier is 100% correct..... the implication ( logical implication
> not practical implication ) is that if Leica had decided to make a
> Digi-M using more WA lenses, they should have picked the R lenses
> as target lenses... an R mount RF camera.
>
> Interesting thought?
>
> Frank Filippone

(Didier)

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM)