Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Jun 13 06:53:30 2006

Used JOBO processors are cheap, always have been.  I am thinking of buying a
almost new CPE2 as a backup.... just in case ( or is
that .... for when I need it?)

BD is right that for us dedicated film users, and especially JOBO users,
getting a long range solution ( as long as we will be alive
doing this hobby) means taking the right precautions against supply side
availability.  That includes film ( in my case, about 600
sheets of 4x5 in the freezer), chemistry ( I can always buy the raw
ingredients and mix my own), equipment ( the JOBO), and paper.
Paper is the key.... it can not be kept long term like film can, and it
takes up too much space to stockpile.  Thank goodness there
are foreign sources that will keep me through my lifetime.

It is a bit of a crapshoot, but going digital has the attendant cost of
equipment that I know will not be serviceable in 3-5 years
after I buy it.

It is a tradeoff.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net