Subject: [Leica] Well, I am just on a roll here.....
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Jun 13 00:25:11 2006

On 6/13/06, Richard <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:
> At 11:38 PM 6/12/2006, Daniel Ridings wrote:
>
> I have a jug of Xtol stock, and one of those accordion type bottle with
> Xtol 1+1 solution. I just used the same Xtol 1+1 from the same bottle
> couple weeks ago for the "United Walkway" pictures and they came out just
> fine. Both bottles are down to the bottom so this is the end of the initial
> mix. So 4+ liters are OK, but these last 500 ml....

I've never heard of storing diluted developer (1:1). You are supposed
to dilute it right before using and and then throw it away. If you
used developer that you diluted 1:1 a couple of weeks ago and then
stored until now, well, yes, you just might get a failure, even if you
were using D76 or Microdol X. Note this information from Kodak:

----
Note: If you use XTOL Developer diluted 1:1, dilute it just before you
use it, and discard it after processing one batch of film. Do not
reuse or replenish this diluted solution.
----

I think you'll find your problem there and not with Xtol.

Best,
Daniel

Message from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Well, I am just on a roll here.....)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Well, I am just on a roll here.....)