Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Wed Jun 7 04:29:37 2006

On 07/06/2006, at 12:50, B. D. Colen wrote:

> They have indeed not said that you can't use every Leica lens ever
> made -
> they have simply implied, with this latest announcement, that only
> those
> lenses that have been "converted" will produce results that don't
> need major
> surgery in Photoshop. ;-)

well, it depends what's the definition for major surgery.
Newest hassy lenses have a similar code to automatically correct some
optical faults after capture, but the images they got with digital
backs on older bodies with older lenses before any correction aren't
as bad to call deserve my definition for major surgery. On the other
hand, I won't expect anything that will not surpass the RD-1 output
standard, that doesn't look bad at all to me, just a bit low for
resolution tests.

time will tell.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/