Subject: [Leica] Re: It worries me ...
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Jun 6 23:35:55 2006

People ... to my defense, Ewa cracked up laughing when she saw the
picture and heard my comment.

Ok, you _have_ to post that one, she said, but with the quote. The
quote is what makes it, she said.

The portrait reminded me of something Ted Grant has told us and I'll
repeat it now, because he doesn't repeat it as much as he does the
shadow side.

Talk to your subjects. Make them listen. It shows up in their eyes if
they are listening.

If you let _them_ talk, it turns out wrong. There should be a
converstion, but you, the photographer, should be doing the talking.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Re: It worries me ...)