Subject: [Leica] Re: 90mm's
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Jun 5 23:36:39 2006

Jeffrey I just read on the ZI site that they have withdrawn the 85mm from
release for redesign due to durability issues.
Yikes, and they want MORE than the price of a Summicron 90 ASPH for it.
Apparently quite a big lens and not a good balance on an M. I have a Contax
1.4 85 in N mount and it is a bazooka let me tell you. In fact it was that
lens on the N1 that persuaded me I needed to have a big hard look at myself
and shoot just with the M. Fine lens, just WAAY too big outfit to tote
around for me.
Cheers
Hoppy

Message: 25