Subject: [Leica] Digital M Principle
From: jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Sun Jun 4 16:07:24 2006

I don't think the sensor size really matters, except that your focal lengths
are all screwed up.  I primarily use the 35 ASPH.  That field of view is
second nature to me.  If the digital M uses a 1.3x sensor, I will have to
switch to a 28 to get the same FOV, and the fastest one I have is the 28
ASPH (f2.0).

I guess I'll have to try out the new camera, but the 1.3x sensor will be a
disappointment.

I would, however, be willing to buy a new f1.4 ASPH lens with the equivalent
FOV of a 35mm.  I wonder if leica will introduce some new lenses to go with
the smaller sensor camera.

--Jim Laurel