Subject: [Leica] available light (was Current Street )
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Fri Jun 2 13:42:45 2006

I just can't get over the ISO1600  "available light color" capability
> of the esteemed 20D

Sonny wrote:

I can't get over the ISO1600 Available light color  of my  Leica M7
with 21mm
V/C and Fuji Natura film!    ;-)

Sonny -

I haven't tried that film yet.  If I could find a way to do this thing
with my usual M & 21/50 combo I'd rather go that way.

However, the first time I made a quick white balance adjustment with
the leetle slider in the RAW converter and saw the colors I remembered
pop out just like that I was hooked.

This color business for me is a touchy thing.  Color seems like a
really strong emotional element to me, and in the past I shot B&W in
these situations to eliminates the potential conflict between the color
palette and other elements.  Only since I tried it with my DSLR have I
started to feel like I wasn't fighting the medium for these kinda
snaps. So as far as this available light color thing goes the
flexibility of digital capture has my vote for the moment.

Bob Palmieri