Subject: [Leica] Friday fruiting bodies
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Fri Jun 2 09:41:56 2006

At 12:21 PM 6/2/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>fungus??
>
>Ric
>

>On Jun 2, 2006, at 12:07 PM, Adam Bridge wrote:
>
>>Hmmmmm do those count as "fruit"?
>>
>>Anyway - what a fabulous hunt! Morels are about the only kind of
>>mushroom I feel competent to pick and consume in the wild since
>>there's nothing poisenous that remotely looks like them. And very few
>>things as tasty either!
>>
>>I can remember, as a child, going with my dad to a place in the woods
>>where they were known to grow. I think we got a half-dozen. I wasn't
>>thrilled with how they looked but when we got home and they were
>>prepared - wow.
>>
>>Adam

Ric,
         They are indeed a fungal fruiting body.  From this form the spores
are dispersed.  These were sauteed in butter and six of us got almost as
many as we wanted.  They are cherished where ever they are found.
Lee

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] FS Leica Witness to a Century)
Message from lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann) ([Leica] Friday fruiting bodies)
Message from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Friday fruiting bodies)