Subject: [Leica] Re: Contax use
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue May 30 20:55:09 2006

There were 2 different adapters available..... One was for 50mm lenses and
it had a focusing helix ( because the Zeiss 50mm lenses
were all fitted to the camera that had a built in focusing helix for this
purpose).  This is the more famous one and costs like
around $350-450... I forget who made it....Orion ? ( I think Orion was the
old name for Miranda...?)

Now the other one......

A simple adapter with the Leica thread on the back side and the Zeiss
external bayonet on the front side.....  cheap and a lot of
these were made..... some fancy, some seem home grown.  I think Novoflex
made, and still offers one of these.  Infinity focus is
fuzzy in my memory banks.....

I have an odd one..... Leica LTM lenses to Contax RF Bayonet body adapter.
 Only one I have seen......

I think Marc can chime in and correct any errors I have made, and add to the
discussion......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Frank,
You are still a very bad man.  SWMBO saw that post and knows that I have
been checking out 21 Biogons.  What I really hope is to stumble across some
dimwitted but needy person who has the Contax to LTM adapter for $50.  So
far no luck so I will probably be out the C notes.

Replies: Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Re: Contax use)