Subject: [Leica] I got a new toy too! (Epson V700)
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Thu May 25 18:17:52 2006

Luis Ripoll:

> Which hardware do you have to manipulated such images of 553 MB?, the
> maximum size I scan even with 6x6 is about 2 MB., (well I never
> print the
> pictures), and how long is to scan such dimensions...?

Luis,

Dell Intel Pentium with 3 Ghz processor and 2GB of RAM. Almost time to
upgrade again.

It can scan a 6X6 positive at Superfine 16X in about 3 minutes which can
seem forever these days so I usually turn my attention to something else
while scanning. I've only gone to this extreme when I really want to get as
much out of a digital scan as I think I can (i.e. not very often).

Regards,

Greg