Subject: [Leica] Re: Visual compression
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu May 25 17:22:37 2006

The issue, Larry, isn't what the eye sees on the computer screen, but what
the size of the file will allow a printer to do. A 1.2 meg raw image might
produce a wonderful 72 dpi image when viewed on the web - but try to get a
quality 20x24" print out of it.

Besides which, I think the mine-is-bigger than yours race is coming to an
end - it may even have come to an end at around the 8-10 meg sensor size.
Now comes the competition to see who can do the most with that size in terms
of image quality.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Visual compression)