Subject: [Leica] Re: Visual compression
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Thu May 25 16:53:47 2006

A RAW file from 2mp dSLR can produce a pretty good wall size image with some
good PS.

If I remember, some of those NASA Mars photos were 1mp RAW files, though the
chip was quite large.

It does seem finally the MP wars have quieted down some. Now if the dSLR
makers can focus on better chips, less banding, less noise, longer lasting
cameras........oh that's right, that would cost too much money.

Chris