Subject: [Leica] 50mm Lenses
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu May 25 12:42:11 2006

Jim,

Thanks for posting that link. I, too, have a 50/1.4 SMC Takumar in M42.
I bought some Fomapan 400 a few years back. I put it in a camera bag and
it could easily have sat next to that lens for a year or longer. When I
finally tried a roll the film was bad. I can't remember specifically
what the issues were, but it was bad enough that I threw all I had away
and never shot another roll. Maybe the fault wasn't the film, but the
storage.

I haven't used the Takumar in years, but it was quite a good lens in its
day. I also have a 50/1.4 EBC Fujinon in M42 that's probably a match for
anything today, outside of Leica.

daveR