Subject: [Leica] Re: GPS camera
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue May 23 17:52:27 2006

On May 23, 2006, at 7:30 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> At 05:06 PM 5/23/2006, you wrote:
>> Folks who take snaps for a living -- newspaper photogs, etc., often
>> find it handy to have a record of the exact location where an image
>> was recorded.
>
> I would love to have this feature!!  Right now I'm going through 7000
> photos I took in China trying to match the date on the EXIF
> information with the journals that I keep noting where I was on what
> date so that I can caption and keyword them all.  It would be
> fantastic to have the exact location in the EXIF so I could just plug
> a number into the internet and get an instant location.  I've thought
> of this often as I travel.
>
> Tina

  About 10 years ago Kodak marketed a SLR, based on a Nikon body. that
imprinted the location where the picture was taken. I believe it used
an input from a GPS receiver incorporated into the large baseplate. The
camera was advertised in scientific publications. I have no idea who
bought them.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Re: GPS camera)