Subject: [Leica] Barrel distortion
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sun May 21 19:48:37 2006

Hi Don:

I didn't get around to photographing the Air Force chart today, but I
did go over to Minuteman NHP and shot this with the Pentax 14mm DA lens:

http://www.half-fast.com/IMGP0598.jpg

I don't see any barrel distortion, but perhaps I'm not looking for it
properly... do you see it?

This is the exterior of the building, shot about a month ago with the
Pentax DA 10-17mm fisheye:

http://www.half-fast.com/04202006-NW-of-Boston/pages/IMGP0469.htm

Both of these lenses were made for the Pentax isD line, they vignette on
the film cameras.

Jim

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Barrel distortion)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] An unscientific comparison, Leica R8 and Pentax isDS)