Subject: [Leica] Grossly OT: The Avengers!
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu May 11 14:58:52 2006

At 05:15 PM 5/11/06 -0400, Walt Johnson wrote:
>Jeez,
>
>Haven't they gone to that big studio in the sky by now?

I'm not certain what you are asking, but both Patrick MacNee and Diana Rigg
are very much alive and both are still active and acting.  I believe that
Honor Blackman (Emma Peel's predecessor) is still alive and alert as well.
I confess that I do not know the current status of Linda Thorson but I
believe that she is still among the living.  The fates of the earlier folks
can be traced but I lack the energy to do so.--
<http://theavengers.tv/forever/guide.htm>  would be a place to start.

And, of course, "Eee-urp!"  Only Avenger fans will be able to accomodate
that one!

And what was the origin of the name, "Emma Peel"?  None of your folks will
know, I suspect, but I thought I'd ask.  It's very sixtiers and rather
stupid.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!