Subject: [Leica] These here 50's...
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Thu May 11 12:39:45 2006

Folks -

Y'know... I wonder if we might be able to agree (yeah, I know, I know)
on some methodology for educating the group about all-'o-these-here
50's...

At first blush one might think that we could take up a collection to
send a small honorarium to one of the members who actually owns a whole
slew of these things (you know who you are) and have them shoot the
same subject with different lenses... 'pod... blah blah blah... but
perhaps that's not really the thing that would get the differences
across in the most graphic way.

Maybe those with strong opinions about these things could post a few
shots (in which they feel that a particular lens really shows its
character) to a dedicated "50MM Roundup" gallery (along with
film/developer info).

'Cause I know that I, for one, would really like to be able to see some
of these "character issues" for my ownself...

Bob Palmieri (who shoots very happily with a tweaked-out collapsible
'Cron and late spherical 'lux on the M side and an early 'Cron/60 Macro
on the reflex side.)

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] These here 50's...)