Subject: [Leica] 50 'lux asph M regrets?
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Wed May 10 15:10:21 2006

On 5/10/06, Eric Korenman <faneuil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone swapped a 50mm M summicron to get into a 50mm 'lux asph and
> regretted
> it?

My first Leica lens was a 50 Summicron tabbed version on a Leica CL which I
held on to until a few weeks ago.  I "upgraded" to a non-ASPH 50 Summilux
via ebay last year and found I didn't use the Summicron after that.  Selling
it was hard, but I don't like to have stuff lying around unused so it had to
go.  From every other respect I don't regret the change.  Part of using a
Leica M in my view is the enjoyment of the hardware itself and that comes by
the bucket-load with the summilux :-)

Simon.