Subject: [Leica] Ideal Humidity for storage - or - it ain't the heat, it's the humidity.
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Fri May 5 12:33:08 2006

Eric:

I have no answer for you there, except to report that I've seen posts on
various lists during the last several years from photographers in places
like Singapore who swear by them.

I like open windows too and even though it sometimes gets quite hot and
humid here in the Boston area, I don't do anything special except to
keep my gear out of the hot attic and the damp cellar.

If it's too hot for me, then I figure that it's also too hot for my
photo gear, so I keep it scattered about on the same floor on which I
live, away from any sunny windows but open to the air so that leather
and other such parts don't mildew.

I do have an air conditioner but prefer to use it only during the very
hottest 85+ nights. It's 80F at 3:30 PM here as I write this but I can't
feel any humidity.

I keep most of my film in a cellar freezer until a few hours before I
intend to use it.

Jim, "Don't worry, be happy" Hemenway

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] Ideal Humidity for storage - or - it ain't the heat, it's the humidity.)
Message from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Ideal Humidity for storage - or - it ain't the heat, it's the humidity.)