Subject: [Leica] OT:Need a New Small Handheld Meter
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu May 4 12:12:26 2006

I lost my little Sekonic Twinmate. I usually use the M6's built in
meter, but I got out the incident meter to take some pictures of some
things on dark pavement, and now I cannot find it!!!  I'll give myself
a few more days for it to "turn up," but in the meantime, I'm shopping
for a new small incident meter.

One of the things I never liked about the Twinmate was it's poor low
light capabilities. Otherwise it was a very ergonomic and simple design.

So what small, handheld meters might have superior low light metering
performance?

Small is key. I already have a biggish Sekonic 358 that I don't feel like
carrying around.

Much thanks on any suggestions!

Scott

P.S.  BTW, what is the effect of dome size on the incident metering
capabilities of different meters? The Twinmate has a small dome and
the 358 has a large dome (adjustable height).  Always wondered about
this and couldn't find anyting Googling around.

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] OT:Need a New Small Handheld Meter)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] OT:Need a New Small Handheld Meter)