Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW 16: Southwestern Visions
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Tue May 2 09:02:23 2006

Bruce,

That adobe hut was pretty cool.  Suzanne had it fixed up a few years ago,
but adobe doesn't hold up all that well without lots of maintenance, as you
can see by the bare bricks in the wall.  Apparently, when it rains the mud
runs down to the base of the wall and you're supposed to scoop it back up
onto the wall...she hasn't stayed on top of that.

Suzanne is here:
http://www.sandlerphotographs.com/2006%5F04%5FNewMexico/pages/NM2006_48_2006_04_SantaFe_Rollei21.html
I shot this at Ghost Ranch, a place she is convinced she was meant to own
in another life...unfortunately it's unlikely to happen in this one.

I'm kicking myself because I didn't take a single photo of her
artwork...she makes lamps from found plant material (sticks, grasses, etc)
and japanese papers.  They're quite amazing, really.  She's sending us one
as a very belated wedding present, so perhaps I'll post a photo when I
receive it.  If anyone's in Santa Fe, they're on display at Jett Gallery,
just off the main square.

Thanks for looking,
Aaron

Message from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW 16: Southwestern Visions)