Subject: [Leica] A nice bag for a couple of M's
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue May 2 06:43:31 2006

This may have been repeated umpteen times in the past, so please forgive me
ahead of time.

I'm getting to the point that I have more bags than cameras. The problem has
been that none of them is exactly what I was looking for. I really DON'T
like LowePro or Tamrac bags for rangefinders, and had settled on Domke 803
and Domke 804 bags because of their ruggedness and thin profile. But when
you are in any sort of a "dressy" environment, they look a bit like army
surplus. I tried a few Billinghams, but they are a bit tubby and fubsy for
me. And the fasteners are not convenient. So I went looking again and
happened upon a page on Karen Nakamura's site mentioning the M-Classics bag.

http://www.mclassics.com/

Priced between a Domke and a Billingham, it also seems to have the best
qualities of each. It looks good enough to carry into a restaurant without
people gawking at you, is thin enough in profile to be considered a
"sachel", and has enough room to very comfortably hold two M's with lenses
along with pretty much everything else I usually carry. And if I decided to
carry an M and a TLR or MF camera, it would fit in there as well (try that
with a Domke 803 with 3-partitions). Seth Levine was out of the black style
but had some other colors he had produced in small qualities. I picked up a
dark green with tan leather trim. Very nice indeed.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com