Subject: [Leica] armed america -- still or again, my favorite so far
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Apr 30 13:02:38 2006

still or again, anyway, i'm on this project. i had a bit of a sense of ...
well, _sadness_ even that i hadn't shot with my leicas in a long time, and i
own a bunch of ultra wide lenses. just looking through the viewfinder mad me
think back to the time when i actually felt fetishistic about my camera, and
then all of the great tonal gradiations i'd get out of t-max. i was up till
late in the night digging through my camera bag re-experiencing all the
dings.

anyway. andrew and elanor with their mossberg 12 gauge and their ruger p90.

http://www.armedamerica.org/andrew-el/andrew-el.jpg

i really like this one, despite it being pretty much useless for my book as
planned due to its orientation and color. i'm not sure how worried i am by
the wide angle distortion of some of the vertical lines. maybe i need some
perspective control lenses, or maybe i just need to figure out when it's
okay to have a unique perspective (so to speak).

i'm planning my first road trip for a weekend this month or next, through
delaware, baltimore, to out nation's capitol (where legal gun ownership is
next to impossible but that still seems to have an awful lot of guns) and
then back to PA by a route yet to be determined. if you know anybody between
here and there you think might want to participate, please drop me a note.

keep pushing that shutter button.

kc

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] armed america -- still or again, my favorite so far)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] armed america -- still or again, my favorite so far)