Subject: [Leica] Re: Loading speed
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat Apr 29 19:41:37 2006

On Apr 29, 2006, at 8:29 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

>> I think that this site is a very good example of why NOT to use Flash.
>>
>> I see the "Loading..." thing, it takes too many seconds for anything
>> to appear, I click away.
>>
>> Flash may be pretty but if you want as many viewers as possible,
>> don't use it.
>

> I think most web users are familiar enough with flash and its quirks
> that they won't click away when seeing a "loading" on their screen -
> B.D.'s doesn't take long at all on my machine with my connection, and I
> can't imagine it takes a prohibitive amount of time on lesser
> machines/connections.

B. D.s site loads in 10 seconds on my Mac running Safari. But then I
have a high speed cable connection. By actual measurement it runs about
50 times faster than my old dial up connection on AOL. I can understand
why anyone who waited 8 minutes for the site to load might find it
tedious.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from eperea at walkereng.com (Emilio Perea) ([Leica] Re: Loading speed)