Subject: [Leica] Digital M
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Apr 26 10:43:20 2006

Absolutely right, Scott...Photojournalists are not social workers; they are
not aid workers; they are photojournalists, photographers making image of
news events and  situations around the world. Being a photographer requires
using cameras. Cameras are expensive, worth more than the annual income of
many people being photographed. But so what? Would it be better if James
Nachtwey and Sabastian Salgado - and Tina Manley - sold their cameras and
donated the money to some fund specified by Angelina Jolie, and stopped
providing the world with visual reminders of the awful conditions under
which so many live? I think not.

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Digital M)