Subject: [Leica] Chernobyl Legacy
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Apr 25 09:49:06 2006

I admire beyond words those who can care, truly care, on a day by day
basis for those who are truly damaged.

It's easy to see the cause in the children so horribly destroyed by
Chernobyl. But there are so many others, not so different, who live in
darkness or in horror for no obvious reason beyond some accident of
birth or conception.

If they are lucky, their families are weathly and intact, and they are
not too badly damaged, they can still have a home. But others,
regardless of situation, cannot. Even the best of facilities, staffed
by caring people who deserve some sort of award that no society cares
to see or understand, become terrible places to visit.

To see someone's soul stolen away is a terrible thing. To see them
crushed by demons both real and imagined is agony beyond measure.

Now, in America, we toss these people on the streets, allowing them to
fend for themselves on the verges of society because we're too fucking
cheap to care for them or we feel some issue of "liberty" requires
them to live in cardboard boxes.

Adam Bridge

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Chernobyl Legacy)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Chernobyl Legacy)